Preventative garage door maintenance greatly helps in avoiding costly repairs. In fact, most repair needs could have been prevented if proper garage door maintenance was observed. Here is a top 5 list of common maintenance measures to prevent garage door problems in the future:
1. Roller Replacement – Rollers are probably the busiest parts of your garage door. In a couple of years, these rollers may go up and down the garage door track hundreds of times, and this will eventually cause the rollers to wear out. As a garage door maintenance practice, it is advisable to have your rollers replace every five to ten years.
2. Sensor Check-up and Adjustments – The entrance to the garage is one of the places in your home that gets the highest traffic. This makes the sensors of your garage door susceptible to bumps and nudges caused by kids, pets, or by anyone who gets in the garage. If you have trouble closing your garage door, you need to check the safety sensor first and make correct adjustments if necessary to address the problem.
3. Operator/Motor Rail Lubrication – In garage door maintenance, some parts of the door need to be lubricated and some don’t. Lubrication must be done every one to two years. The parts that commonly need lubrication are the screw driver operator rails. On the other hand, chain and belt drives do not need to be lubricated.
4. Adjustments on Operator/Motor Rail – Like any other device or equipment, your garage door may experience loss or reduction of strength. When this happens, the best thing to do is to adjust the limit switches on the machine. Limit switches are commonly found on the side of the motor.
5. Hinge Lubrication – The best way to avoid the breaking of hinges is by lubricating them. This can be done once a year with the use of some lubricant, like WD-40, and lightly spraying it on the hinges. This will also result to a quieter running garage door.
These simple garage door maintenance solutions are great ways to ensure that your garage door is working properly and to avoid costly repairs in the future. This will also ensure your convenience and the safety of your family. If garage door maintenance solutions are not enough to address some garage door problems, it is best to contact a reliable garage door repair company immediately.
Please Share Your Thoughts About This Article Below – Thank You
This article was written by Webadmin